Red Ribbon WeekPublished by linda.beck on Mon, 11/06/2017 - 10:48
Monday – “Love yourself” Wear RED
- You will receive keys for the students to each write a drug free pledge on. Have them write the pledge, cut out the key and take your class set to the office before lunch. The PTA will come in that day and hang them up at the front of the school.
- The kids will each receive a key on a red ribbon to tie onto their backpacks. The national theme is, “Your Future is Key, Stay Drug Free”.
- Spanish Fork police department will be here to do an assembly to kick off the week. We will begin at 1:25. Have your class cleaned up before you come. The assembly will go to the end of the day.
Tuesday – “Team up against drugs” Wear your favorite sports attire
- When your class goes to art this week they will paint a rock. We would like each child to bring in a small rock. Each rock should be no larger than the size of an egg or the size of their palm. This goes along with a book, Only One You, that the PTA has purchased. Plan a time on your art day that you can read the story to your class and we will pass it around. They will paint their rock and take it home to place somewhere as a reminder that they are important in making the world a better place.
Wednesday – Internet Safety – Wear WHITE and THINK
- T-is it Truthful
- H-is it Helpful
- I-is it Inspiring
- N-is it Necessary
- K-is it Kind
Thursday – “Turn your back on drugs” Wear your shirt backwards
Friday – School Pride – Wear your school shirt or school colors
- Cougar Pride assembly at 1:45 – I am assuming 30-45 minutes but I haven’t heard back from them about the details.